There are so many factors to consider when it comes to choosing the best flooring covering for your home including the purpose of the room, the color that would suit you best, or budget constraints. Wood is often preferred for its unique appearances, but it comes with many drawbacks. Plank tiles are a great solution for spaces where the appearance of wood is desired but the features of tiles are required.
Plank tiles are wood-effect tiles. They mimic the looks of wood while they offer the benefits of tiles. Here are top ten reasons why you should choose plank tile over wood flooring:
• Longevity. Plank tile is usually made from ceramic or porcelain tiles. Thus, plank tile will withstand increased wear and tear and resist longer than wood floors.
• Color Permanence. Wood floors are easily discolored by sunlight. Place a rug in the middle of the room and remove it in a few weeks. You will immediately understand the discoloration effect of wood. Plank tile do not fade in the sun and they do not darken either.
• Wear and Tear. Wood floors are easily scratched. They can’t withstand heavy traffic or increased wear and tear unlike plank tile that do not have this problem.
• Water Absorption. Wood has a high water absorption rate which makes it easy to distort when exposed to water or moisture. Plank tiles are water resistant because of the way they are manufactured and the way they are installed. In fact, ceramic and porcelain wood effect tiles are some of the best water resistant materials available.
• Versatility of Patterns. As they come in a variety of shapes and sizes, the design is only limited by your imagination. You can create almost any pattern using ceramic or porcelain plank tiles.
• Ease of Maintenance. While it takes a minimum amount of maintenance to keep plank tile cleaned and sanitized, the same does not apply to wood floors. They retain water, develop microbes and stain easily. They are a lot harder to clean even when sealed.
• Versatility of Colors. Plank tiles can mimic any shade of wood without modifying the price. You can choose from a full spectrum of nuances ranging from golden oak to reddish pine, zebrano, limed oak, wenge or mahogany.
• Easy To Replace. Indeed, plank tile can be immediately replaced if damaged and you will barely notice any difference. The process is also very simple.
If you are considering plank tile instead of wood, feel free to contact us for a free estimate!